Rocket Software, Inc. Project Management Intern (Summer 2019) in Denver, Colorado
Project Management Intern (Summer 2019)
Rocket Software is a leading global developer of software products that help corporations, government agencies and other organizations reach their technology and business goals. 1,300 Rocketeers on five continents are focused on building and delivering solutions for more than 10,000 customers and partners.
Our Intern Program is open to candidates who are currently attending College/University and are working towards completion of a degree.
Work with the Program Manager in the Rocket Denver R&D lab to understand overall project management processes and procedures to ensure proper compliance. There are multiple projects going on within the Denver R&D lab that the intern candidate will need to become familiar with. Daily work may consist of report writing, documenting, tracking and following up of project actions and status with other lab staff.
Additional Project Details may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the organization, marketing and promotion of the global competition, APT Rocket.Build Academy.
- Becoming familiar with the use of Marketo (an online Marketing Automation solution) and managing registration.
- Collaborating with the Program Manager, Marketing Manager and Rocket’s partner, APT to assist with management of social media.
- Becoming familiar with use of Jira and Agile dashboards, tracking issues and metrics used in support of the overall objectives of the MultiValue organization.
- Performing other related project management tasks deemed necessary by the Program Manager
- A direct interest in and basic understanding of project management discipline, standards and protocols.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Interest in pursuing a career in software development project management
- Strong desire to understand processes and workflow mechanics for a global and diverse cross-functional team
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Denver, Colorado, United States