Rocket Software, Inc. User Experience Designer in Dordrecht, Netherlands
User Experience Designer
About Rocket Software
Thousands of companies around the world depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as well as extending the value of these assets to take advantage of cloud and mobile computing, advanced analytics, and other future innovations. From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive, Rocket solutions power the back-end systems that thousands of brands we interact with every day. At Rocket, software has always been about people—not just ones and zeroes. We’re people solving problems for other people, and we strive to treat our customers, partners, and fellow Rocketeers with humanity. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software is headquartered in Waltham, MA, with 31 offices around the world.
About the job:
Rocket is looking for a passionate user experience designer to develop the next-generation of enterprise software experiences. Somebody who is fluent in all areas of the UX spectrum, all the way from user research, ideation, and interface design to development and implementation. The User Experience Engineer will work to understand user goals, business goals, technology and design constraints to create intuitive experiences for enterprise system software.
As a member of a highly motivated team, you will have the opportunity to develop products that provide completely new experiences for Fortune-500 customers. We are looking for technical thinkers who are versatile and passionate to take on new challenges that push well-established technologies forward while ensuring the performance and security that our customers expect.
Role & Responsibilities
The User Experience Designer will:
- Design clear, navigable, and valuable enterprise system software applications for specialized users.
- Communicate user experiences through storyboarding, detailed wireframes, task flow diagrams, taxonomies, design specifications and documentation.
- Plan and conduct user research and usability testing - including surveys, interviews, and customer advisory groups.
- Work closely with engineering and product management to ensure UX goals are incorporated into project roadmaps.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of efficient & effective UX processes and systems.
- Act as a usability advocate and consultant to project teams providing expert guidance and leadership regarding principles of information architecture, user-centered design and industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HCI/Human Factors or a related discipline (computer science, industrial design, architecture, psychology, etc.) preferred.
- Portfolio with examples of relevant interaction design work.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Unmistakable passion for creating elegant and purposeful interfaces.
- Proven success as a UX generalist capable of leading efforts throughout the product development cycle, including user research, early prototyping, detailed design and validation.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate user-centered design principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces for responsive web and desktop applications.
- Experience planning and conducting research including customer visits, usability studies, surveys, and feedback sessions.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced Agile development environment.
- Solid knowledge of and ability to apply accessibility guidelines as well as internationalization best practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Axure interactive prototyping and/or Sketch
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
- Familiarity with mainframe and/or database management is a plus
- Visual design skills are a plus. #LI-JM1
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Dordrecht, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands