Thousands of companies around the world depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as well as extending the value of these assets to take advantage of cloud and mobile computing, advanced analytics, and other future innovations. From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive, Rocket solutions power the back-end systems that thousands of brands we interact with every day. At Rocket, software has always been about people—not just ones and zeroes. We’re people solving problems for other people, and we strive to treat our customers, partners, and fellow Rocketeers with humanity. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software is headquartered in Waltham, MA, USA with 31 offices around the world.
About the role:
Rocket Software seeks an outstanding Web UI Developer to join our BI team. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of UI client programming frameworks, back-end API development, and Web usability best practices - and will help to define and implement the overall user experience for our Business Intelligence and Analytics products. You will be expected to work in a fast-paced environment while providing creative, innovative, and technically sound UI implementations. Come join a great team in Rocket to build products that make a difference!
- Coding of both back-end and front-end functionality
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of efficient & effective usability process, documentation, workflow, metrics and design standards
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management to ensure deliverables are met within project timelines and schedules
- Ensure consistency throughout Rocket’s product UI creation
- Support collaboration with product management, graphic designers, customer teams, and other developers to construct prototypes and specifications
- Support discovery sessions with stakeholders and help translate their business requirements into user-friendly designs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 8+ years software engineering experience
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behavior-driven Development (BDD)
- Demonstrated knowledge of creating and connecting to web service APIs
- Experience with Front-End framework/libraries, particularly ReactJS.
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with Build/Task tools (Grunt/Gulp, npm scripts, webpack) and Linux
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Experience with usability testing for broad audiences; familiar with multiple user research methodologies and protocols
Desired Candidate Experience:
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Docker is a bonus
Pune, Maharashtra, India