Rocket Software, Inc. Software Engineer III in Pune, India
Software Engineer III
About Rocket Software
Thousands of companies around the world depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as well as extending the value of these assets to take advantage of cloud and mobile computing, advanced analytics, and other future innovations. From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive, Rocket solutions power the back-end systems for thousands of brands we interact with every day. At Rocket, software has always been about people—not just ones and zeroes. We’re people solving problems for other people, and we strive to treat our customers, partners, and fellow Rocketeers with humanity. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software is headquartered in Waltham, MA, with 31 offices around the world.
Job Overview: The Software Engineering III designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops Web and Cloud interfaces for Rocket Multivalued Databases that support modern application development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mastery of hardware and software systems
- Proficient at complex programming, exercising independence and discretion while working independently or as
part of a team
- May lead a team on short-term projects on an as-needed basis
- Act as the subject matter expert within current product domain
- Works independently to implement software enhancements, develop code to correct defects, and/or create new products
- Writes commercial/enterprise grade software
- Applies systems analysis techniques to evaluate newly created code by creating and performing testing and debugging
- Documents and communicates on moderate to complex technical topics
- Responsible for one or more pieces of code
- May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
- Typically requires a minimum of 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 3 years and a Master’s degree;
or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in Java
- Experience with full stack Spring and Angular or React web development
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Time management and prioritization of work
- Coding skills and debugging under WINDOWS and/or LINUX/UNIX environment.
- Proven track record of software development in the real world
- Familiarity with Agile Development methodology
- Experience in working with one of Rocket Multivalued databases such as Universe, Unidata or D3
- Familiarity with Multivalued BASIC
- Experience in working with AWS or Azure cloud environments
- Experience in writing Eclipse plugins
- Familiarity with Python
- Good written English skills and passible spoken English
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Pune, Maharashtra, India