Rocket Software, Inc. Software Engineer in Pune, India
About the job:
Rocket Software has an opportunity for a versatile Software Developer. The successful candidate will join a highly skilled and innovative IT team supporting Rocketeers globally. The development activities associated with providing our customers with data solutions include coding, support and defect repair. The focus of this, technically oriented position is on meeting and exceeding high standards of accuracy and quality based on established systems, technologies and guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have strength in technical problem solving based on expertise and experience on overall design and architecture software, and a strong commitment to efficiently achieve high-quality results is required. A thoughtful, persevering, self-disciplined approach to delivering accurate, detailed work is essential. This job allows for autonomy and independence and is primarily self-reliant.
What you will be doing
- Architect, design, build and implement new features or improvements to our Service Management tools
- Provide solutions and feedback on requirements
- Architect, design, and implement user-facing features end-to-end
- Produce supporting documentation including specifications, release notes, user guides and knowledge articles.
- Collaborate with Teams
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the following:
- Successful development for JIRA, JIRA Service Desk and Confluence.
- Use of ScriptRunner (mandatory) and any experience with Automation for JIRA, Utilities, Canned Responses and AD Sync is a plus.
- Experience with MySQL and other databases.
- Administration experience in these tools is a plus: Jira, Confluence and Jira Service Desk.
- Proven ability in integrating Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, JIRA Service Desk) with non-Atlassian applications.
- Working within the Software Development Lifecycle and Agile.
- Ability to diagnose and solve technical problems, complete Root Cause Analysis and deploy permanent corrective actions.
- Experience working in a service management environment where IT organisations adhere to ITIL processes including request fulfilment, Incident management, change management, problem management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Capable of working independently and with colleagues to deliver projects on time
- Flexible, adaptable and able to deal with significant change
- Deep and broad technical experience
- Highly organised with superb planning skills
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Pune, Maharashtra, India