Rocket Software, Inc. Business Development Representative in Waltham, Massachusetts
Business Development Representative
Thousands of companies around the world depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as well as extending the value of these assets to take advantage of cloud and mobile computing, advanced analytics, and other future innovations. From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive, Rocket solutions power the back-end systems that thousands of brands we interact with every day. At Rocket, software has always been about people—not just ones and zeroes. We’re people solving problems for other people, and we strive to treat our customers, partners, and fellow Rocketeers with humanity. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software is headquartered in Waltham, MA, with 31 offices around the world.
About the Role
Interested in a long term career in software sales but are unsure if anyone will hire you without experience? The Business Development Representative (BDR) role may be a great fit for you. As a BDR you will support field reps by proactively prospecting into their target accounts and responding to inbound leads with the primary goal of setting qualified appointments that ultimately leads to increased revenue.
For the BDR team we are looking for people that have a passion for technology, an insatiable hunger to learn and an ability to work independently. We are looking for people that have a positive attitude and ambitious personal goals. Above all, we are looking for business-minded people that are looking for a chance to start a career in high tech sales.
- Generate qualified opportunities through outbound calling.
- Qualify and follow up with product-specific inbound inquiries produced from marketing & lead generation campaigns, to ensure that valuable sales time is focused on high probability leads.
- Set qualified appointments for field sales reps.
- Support selling strategies based on research and general business acumen.
- Work with the sales team to prioritize efforts, refine selling strategies, share results, and plan next steps.
- Extend/deepen relationships with customers to further qualify and penetrate accounts, and articulate Rocket’s value.
- Work with Marketing to share the results of marketing campaigns and provide suggestions to improve the success of future campaigns.
- Support other Sales and Marketing initiatives to increase revenue opportunities.
- Demonstrated research skills;
- Excellent business judgment;
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work independently;
- Ability to work in teams to develop strategies & action plans, and to share results;
- Knowledge of software marketplace and IT organizational structures;
- Comfortable interacting with potential clients via telephone and email;
- Knowledge of sales and sales process, and familiarity with a CRM.
- One year of relevant and transferable experience (e.g., sales, marketing).
- Bachelor's Degree
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States