Rocket Software, Inc. Data Analyst in Waltham, Massachusetts
About Rocket Software
Thousands of companies around the world depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as well as extending the value of these assets to take advantage of cloud and mobile computing, advanced analytics, and other future innovations. From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive, Rocket solutions power the back-end systems for thousands of brands we interact with every day. At Rocket, software has always been about people—not just ones and zeroes. We’re people solving problems for other people, and we strive to treat our customers, partners, and fellow Rocketeers with humanity. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software is headquartered in Waltham, MA, with 31 offices around the world.
- Day to day support of Rocket’s Hyperion Planning and Essbase applications and all related change management associated with these applications. This includes creating or updating calc scripts, report scripts, business rules, load rules and outline maintenance.
- Troubleshoot issues in a production environment as part of production support, assisting with monthly close and operations.
- Provide training on Planning and Essbase applications to end-users
- Set up and test security provisioning.
- Write complex SQL queries to automate processes and bring about system efficiencies
- Assist in the revision of historical reporting for changes in organizational structure.
- Take requirements and propose solutions. Design, develop and implement new systems.
- Create new Essbase cubes needed for acquisition due diligence and integrate acquisitions into existing systems.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical area such as Finance/Accounting, Math, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
Experience with applications that support the Finance or Accounting function.
- At least 3 years Essbase and Hyperion Planning experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Hyperion Essbase, including calculation scripts and rules, consolidation, BSO/ASO cube design, Maxl and Smart View.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience in developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external clients in a clear, focused and concise manner.
Experience in analytics and problem solving along with extensive skills in both data modeling and database querying.
- Experience in the development and use of databases and database structures.
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States