Rocket Software, Inc. Java Software Engineer in Waltham, Massachusetts
Java Software Engineer
Thousands of companies around the world depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as well as extending the value of these assets to take advantage of cloud and mobile computing, advanced analytics, and other future innovations. From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive, Rocket solutions power the back-end systems for thousands of brands we interact with every day. At Rocket, software has always been about people—not just ones and zeroes. We’re people solving problems for other people, and we strive to treat our customers, partners, and fellow Rocketeers with humanity. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts with 31 offices around the world.
Rocket is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Java Software Engineer to build a next generation experience for our end-users who work on the mainframe. As part of the platform team, you will have the opportunity to work on the Java infrastructure of our web-based next generation mainframe modernization product suite. Your work will enable multiple product teams to create new user experiences.
Join our team and take on this unique opportunity to build an experience that can meaningfully impact and transform the way our end-users do their job.
What You'll Be Doing?
- Participate in design and implementation of the full solution.
- Partner and communicate effectively with other team members.
- Take full ownership of your deliverable or feature from concept to launch.
- Test the software you write to ensure we deliver the highest quality product.
- Implement and refine agile practices.
- Recommend engineering best practices.
- Mentor junior developers.
- 6+ years of experience developing enterprise software applications using Java.
- 4+ years of experience working with unittesting frameworks.
- 2+ years of experience in REST API or micro services development.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and drive results.
- Demonstrated ability to size software deliverables and estimate development effort, based on minimal design input and functional specifications.
- Strong understanding of long-term challenges associated with micro services and REST APIs.
- Demonstrated experience with deploying and monitoring applications to production at scale.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining production software while building new features.
To be successful, you will need to:
- Be open to new challenges and be willing to learn.
- Have a desire to influence technical decisions.
- Know engineering best practices and principles.
- Be demanding of high quality code.
- Have a strong sense of ownership for your deliverables.
- Be able to prototype functionalities quickly.
- Experience withmachine learning algorithms and libraries, such as TensorFlow;
- Experience with writing data collection code; and/or
- Experience with writing rule evaluation mechanisms.
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States